Easy and economical recycling
The benefits of the RFID-based MetroSense™ recycling system extend from the consumer all the way to recycling centres:
- Easier waste sorting for householders
- Suitable for all major types of household waste
- Fewer waste containers needed
- Fewer collection trucks and lower overall mileage, resulting in a smaller CO2 footprint
- Reduced mixed waste levels
- Improved ‘waste-to-energy´ performance
- Lower overall waste management costs
- Ideal for integration with a centralised waste collection system, such as MariMatic’s MetroTaifun™.
Committed to innovation
MetroSense belongs to the MariCap group of companies, which includes MariMils and MariMatic, featured elsewhere in HighTech Finland 2010.
MariCap’s history began in 1973, with an innovating pipe jointing technology that went on to score a major success in the North Sea and offshore oil and gas fields elsewhere. A specialist business devoted to testing, flushing, and commissioning hydraulic piping systems followed, together with Marioff Corporation, which launched HI-FOG, which has since become the world’s leading supplier of waste mist-based fire protection systems.
In addition to MariMils and MariMatic, today’s portfolio includes MariSense, which supplies the Ella Store Labels Solution, combining the optical properties of paper and the benefits of electronic price displays; and MariComp, one of Finland’s leading precision machining workshops.